|No. of Persons||Price per Person|
Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
It is believed that before Buddha died, he identified four places that pilgrims must visit: Lumbini, Bodh Gaya, Saranath and Kushinagar.
Footsteps of Lord Gautam Buddha Tour is a journey to all the four most important places in the life of Buddha. The tour starts from Lumbini in Nepal where Buddha was born in 563BC and then makes its way across the border into India to Bodh Gaya where he achieved enlightenment, Saranath where he delivered his first lecture and Kushinagar where he achieved pari nirvana.
Lumbini in Nepal is the birthplace of Buddha where he spent 29 years of his formative years. Recent archaeological excavation has led to the discovery of many artefacts including marker stone where Buddha actually fell from his mother’s womb, Maya devi temple, Pushkarini Pond where Maya devi bathed before the delivery and Ashoka pillar. There have been plans to develop Lumbini into a world peace center complete with the largest Buddhist library, world peace flame, sarus crane sanctuary, meditation and yoga center and many more.
Bodh Gaya in Gaya, India is the place where Siddhartha Gautama finally became Buddha (Awakened One). After six years of harsh ascetic life -consuming minimum food, mind control, and breath control- he had become emaciated. But he was still nowhere near enlightenment. So he finally gave up this strict discipline by accepting milk and rice pudding from a Dalit village girl. Afterwards, meditating under a Bodhi tree, he attained a state of nirvana (liberation).
Sarnath in Varanasi India is the place where Buddha delivered his first sermon to his five ascetic fellows after enlightenment. It is said that god Brahma Sahampati persuaded him to at least try and teach the principles he had learned. During his first sermon of Buddhahood, he explained the principle of “The Noble Eightfold Path” and “The Middle Way”. After his 1st sermon, Kondanna (ascetic) followed the path of Buddha and hence became the 1st Bhikkhu of Buddhism.
Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh, India is the place where Gautam Buddha entered into his last deep meditation and died, thereby attending Parinirvana. Based on Mahaparinirvana sutra, Buddha with his followers had been travelling after eating the meal a blacksmith had offered. Kushinagar is where Buddha fell weak and ill and hence had to stop. During Buddha’s last breath, he told his disciples to be the to be the light of their own.
● Visit the four important places in the life of Buddha: Lumbini, Bodh Gaya, Saranath and Kushinagar
● Travel to two countries Nepal and India
● Learn all about Buddhist philosophy including Four Noble Truths Attain spiritual enlightenment by the sight of four holy sites
● All airport/hotel transfers.
● Two night accommodation at a 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● Four night accommodation at a 3 Star Hotel in Lumbini on twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● All night accommodation at a deluxe hotel in India on twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● Round trip domestic flight ticket from Kathmandu to Lumbini.
● An experienced local licensed English-Speaking guide and supporting staff.
● All ground transportation as per the itinerary.
● World heritage sites entry fee where applicable.
● Farewell dinner
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal and India Visa Fee
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● All meals during the tour.
● Any kind of refreshment beverages and alcohol.
● Extra accomodation in Kathmandu in cases of early arrival and late departure than the scheduled itinerary.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, bottle water etc.)
● Any extra costs resulting from cancellation, weather, political unrest or illness
● Tips for guide, drivers and supporting staff.
● Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase
● Day bag.( Small handbag)
● Sports shoes or sandals.
● Sun Hat/cap
● Warm woolen cap ( During winter season)
● Jacket Gore tex/ fleece jacket (During winter Season)
● Pullover or warm sweeter (During winter Season)
● Eye glass
● Water bottle
● Flash or Torch light
● Camera and batteries.
As per your arrival time in Kathmandu, we will come to receive you at the airport. After clearing your luggage from the customs, you will be driven to a pre-booked hotel where you can refresh and rest. Visit our office in the afternoon/evening and attend a tour briefing program conducted by your tour guide. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Have early morning breakfast and prepare for a full day drive to Lumbini. This a long journey of 8-9 hrs as you travel over Prithivi Highway and Siddartha Highway. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of villages, rivers, winding hills and snow-capped Himalayas enroute. After arriving in Lumbini you will directly drive to your hotel. Stay overnight in a hotel.
This is a full day tour of Lumbini. You will visit many archaeologically and historically important places within Lumbini such as Maya Devi temple, Puskanri Pond, Ashoka Pillar, international monasteries, World Peace Pagoda, Sarus Crane Sanctuary among others. Stay overnight in Lumbini.
Today you will visit nearby places of Lumbini which are also connected with childhood of Buddha and the Sakya Kingdom. Ramagram was once the maternal home of Buddha and preserves many ancient relics.
Tilaurakot was the center of Shakya Kingdom believed to be ruled by Buddha’s father and Niglihawa and Gothihawa are also equally important archaeological and historical sites. Stay overnight in Lumbini
Today after breakfast you will head towards Nepal India border and cross to India. The journey will be in a reserved jeep. It will take 4 hrs to reach Gorakhpur in Bihar district and from there another 3 hrs to Patna. Stay overnight in Patna.
After breakfast, continue the journey from Patna to Bodhgaya. The 100 km distance will take 2-3 hrs to complete. Visit Nalanda along the way which is a world heritage site and a site of an ancient Buddhist monastery and university. In Bodh Gaya visit the precious Bodhi tree under which Buddha is believed to have attained enlightenment. Animeshlochana Chaitya, Muchalinda Pond, Ratnagraha are other important sites. Stay overnight in Bodhgaya.
The drive from Bodhgaya to Sarnath takes about 5 hrs. In Sarnath visit Dhameka Stupa where Buddha is said to have held first teaching after attaining enlightenment. Stay overnight in Sarnath.
Have breakfast and prepare for a 5 hrs drive to Kushinagar. Kushinagar is where Buddha left his body and achieved pari nirvana. Visit Mahaparinirvana temple built in memory of the site along with the cremation site nearby. Stay overnight in Kushinagar.
Today you will again cross the Nepal India border and drive to Lumbini. The journey will last for 4 hrs. Stay in Lumbini.
After morning breakfast, drive to the Lumbini Regional airport to catch a flight back home. It takes about 35 minutes to reach Kathmandu. Once in Kathmandu, drive to your hotel for rest. Stay overnight in Kathmandu. Alternatively, you can take a long drive back to Kathmandu.
The day has finally arrived for your final departure. We will take you to the Tribhuvan International airport to catch your international flight back home.