|No. of Persons||Price per Person|
Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
The Buddhist pilgrimage tour to Muktinath is an eight day opportunity to immerse yourself in the sacredness of the Himalayas at Muktinath. The name “mukti” means salvation and “nath” means God in the local language.
To worship at Muktinath is to find the freedom from the constant cycle of rebirth and the suffering of the world.
Located in the heart of the beautiful Annapurna Mountains is one of the most sacred places in all of the Himalayas. The temple here is Muktinath with its sacred blue flame that has been burning for centuries. Muktinath is sacred to both Buddhists and Hindus for many reasons. It is the source of the eternal blue flame as well as crystal clear water that flows from 108 taps.
Here by the sacred temple is an ancient Buddhist monastery. It is in the sacred Himalayas that the enlightenment of Lord Buddha occurred. There is something about these amazing mountains that created the positive energy of spirituality. Like the never ending sacred flame of Muktinath, the energy that flows from the Himalayas touches the very soul of man.
The pathway to enlightenment is a spiritual process, and the Muktinath Buddhist Tour is the beginning of the sacred path.
● Perform Prayers and worship Muktinath temple
● Take a bath under 108 muktidhara
● Visit Jawa Mai Temple
● Visit Mharme Lha Khang Gompa
● Enjoy incredible views of Mt. Nilgiri Himal and Mt. Dhaulagiri.
● All airport/hotel transfers.
● Two Night Accommodation at 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● Two Night Accommodation at 3 Star Hotel in Pokhara on twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● All accommodation during the stay in Jomsom and Muktinath on twin/double sharing as per itinerary.
● Full board meal during the stay in Jomsom and Muktinath.
● An experienced English-Speaking guide (government licensed and trained).
● Round-trip domestic flights or bus tickets (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara-Kathmandu),
● All ground transportation as per itinerary.
● All necessary paperwork and permits
● Farewell dinner
● A comprehensive medical kit.
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal Visa Fee (bring USD currency and four passport photographs)
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● Meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
● Any kind of hot & cold beverages and alcohol.
● Extra accommodation in case of early arrival and late departure(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle water, etc.)
● Costs raised by cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest or illness will not be our responsibility since these factors are not within our control.
● Tips for guide, drivers and porters.
Our staff will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport and take you to your pre-booked hotel. Visit our office in the afternoon/evening and attend a tour briefing program conducted by your tour guide. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Following breakfast, we will take a short 30 minute flight along the backbone of the mighty Himalayas to reach the beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara . It’s a great flight and you will be impressed when you see the amazing beauty of the lake which reflects the snow capped peaks of the Annapurnas.
We check into our deluxe hotel, and then travel to see the Buddhist World Peace Stupa as well as the monastery of Matepani Gumba. There will be time to enjoy the beauty of the region. In the afternoon you will receive the first of your classes on Buddhism philosophy, teaching and meditation. In the evening enjoy dinner, followed by evening prayers before retiring for the night.
We fly from Pokhara for a short 20 minute flight to Jomsom. This is the principal village deep within the Annapurna Mountains. From here, we take a two hour ride to reach the sacred place of Muktinath. The Buddhists refer to the valley here as Chumig Gyatsa which means “Hundred Waters”.
This is the life-giving, pure waters that flow through the region. This is also the home of Dakinis, the goddess who is known in English as The Sky Dancers and is considered one of 24 Tantric places. To the Buddhists, they understand that Mukti is a manifestation of Avalokitesvara.
We will stay at a guest house in Muktinath. We will have instruction in meditation and chanting in the afternoon. In the evening, enjoy dinner and then perform your prayers before retiring for sleep.
The morning always begins with morning prayers and pooja as we prepare our mind for the day. After breakfast are classes in Buddhist teachings. These are followed by instruction on meditation and chant.
The area around Muktinath is home to several Buddhist monasteries. There are several important Buddhist monasteries that surround Muktinath. There are also incredible views of Mt. Nilgiri Himal and Mt. Dhaulagiri. The latter is the 7th highest mountain in the world. Rising to an elevation of 8,167 meters, it is a majestic peak that glimmers in the bright Himalayan sun. After our classes is dinner at the local guest house, followed by evening prayers before going to bed.
As we have been learning, each morning we rise and perform prayers and pooja (worship) before breakfast. Once we have provided for spiritual food and then food for the body, it is time for sightseeing around Muktinath. We perform meditation in our classes, becoming more proficient under the guidance of the master. We have additional instruction in Buddhist teachings. We drive to Jomsom where we check into our hotel. Dinner is next, followed by our evening prayers.
We leave Jomsom in the morning for the 20 minute flight back to Pokhara. Once we land, we check back into our hotel and then begin doing some tours of the city. There is Devi Falls that roars into a box canyon before it disappears underground. We will visit the Hemja Tibetan Refugee Camp and other important places in and around the lakeside city. In the evening, we retire to our hotel for dinner followed by evening prayers.
It’s time to return to Kathmandu, and we enjoy a 30 minute flight over the mountains. Once you return to Kathmandu, you are on your own as it’s a free day to explore the city. Practice meditation, read a book in the roof garden of your hotel or discover the sacredness of Kathmandu. In the evening, enjoy a farewell dinner. Return to your hotel for the night, performing prayers before going to bed.
Your trip has come to an end, but your spiritual journey has not. There is so much more to learn on the road to enlightenment. Your spiritual guide at Asia Buddhist Tours & Treks can offer you additional programs to advance your study in not only Nepal, but also such exotic places as Tibet and Bhutan. Ask about these options before leaving for your next destination.