Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Rolwaling Valley is a remote trekking destination situated right between Everest and Langtang region. Rolwaling Valley trek is an adventurous journey to Tsho Rolpa Lake located at an altitude of 4850m.
Often termed as one of the biggest glacial lakes in the Himalayas, Tsho Rolpa is a nature’s gift. To reach there is the goal of many trekkers and Rolwaling Valley Camping trek just fulfills that. As part of the trek, you will pass through Sherpa villages in the lower valley, who are known for their Buddhist culture and lifestyle.
All along the trek you will be rewarded with majestic views of Rolwaling Himalayan ranges including Everest, Cho Oyu, Gauri Shankar and Melungtse. Enjoy walking through quiet and pristine regions, crossing rivers and walking through rhododendron, maple and oak forests full of wild animals. Watch out for the sightings of the legendary Yeti, who are believed to inhabit the higher valleys of Rolwaling.
This trek is moderately graded so is suitable for all levels of trekkers. Lodges and camping are available along the trek for accommodation.
● Visit remote and wild Rolwaling Valley
● Trek up to the ethereal and beautiful Tsho Rolpa glacial lake
● Enjoy majestic views of Rolwaling Himalayan ranges including Everest, Cho Oyu, Gauri Shankar and Melungtse
● Visit Sherpa villages and learn about their Buddhist culture and customs
● Spot the elusive Yeti and many other wild animals
● All airport/hotel transfers.
● Two Night Accommodation in BB at a deluxe hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis.
● All accommodations and meals during the trek.
● An experienced licensed English-Speaking guide and porters.
● All Ground Transportation
● All necessary permits (TIMS, Park fees, Restricted area permit, world heritage sites entry fee where applicable)
● Farewell dinner
● A comprehensive medical kit.
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal Visa Fee
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● Meals in Kathmandu
● Any kind of refreshment beverages and alcohol.
● Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu in cases of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountains (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
● Any extra costs resulting from cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest or illness
● Tips for guide, drivers and porters.
● Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase
● Day bag.( Small handbag)
● Trekking shoes
● Sports shoes or sandals.
● Sun Hat/cap
● Warm woolen cap
● Trekking jacket Gore tex/ fleece jacket
● Pullover or warm sweeter
● 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
● Hand gloves
● 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
● 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
● 3/4 pairs of Underwear
● Eye glass
● Water bottle
● 4 seasons Sleeping bag
● Flash or Torch light
● Camera and batteries.
For the popular Rolwaling Valley Camping Trek, there will be a license holder trekking guide and Porters for carrying luggage (2 trekkers = 1 porter). This arrangement ensures that if anyone in the group is sick the trip can still go on as planned. However, Asia Buddhist Tours & Treks can run this trek for groups of any size. Usually, we have found that the maximum number of trekkers in any group is 12 people.
All accommodations for the Rolwaling Valley Camping Trek are on a twin-sharing basis. The lodges and tea houses have been selected by Asia Buddhist Tours & Treks after personal inspection. We look at the conditions of the inns, local hygiene, quality of food, type of service and more.
We offer two types of accommodations on this trek. In Kathmandu you will stay two nights at a Deluxe Hotel on a Bed & Breakfast basis. You will spend nine nights in standard tea houses during the trek. These places have pleasant, unheated rooms and wooden beds with foam mattresses.
All rooms are double occupancy, but you can request a single occupancy room for an additional fee, which will be available only during the trekking. However, sometimes single rooms are not available in some places, depending upon local conditions. We do work to provide the best possible options when trekking in the High Himalayas.
Food will vary between typical Nepali in the mountains. In Kathmandu, there are far more choices, which include Indian, Continental, Italian, Tibetan and more. The city areas offer everything from good steaks and burgers to apple pie and pizza.
Nepali food is nutritious, and ranges from our traditional Daal/Bhat and Momo to fantastic breads, fruits and more. The cooking is wholesome and the food is tasty during the trek trail too.
Our staff will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport and take you to your pre-booked hotel. In the afternoon, you can visit our office and attend a trekking briefing program conducted by your trekking guide. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Wake up early and have a warm breakfast. Your trekking guide will be ready to accompany you for a full day drive to Jagat. Overnight in the lodge.
This is the day your trekking begins. After brief instruction by your trekking guide, you will get on the trekking trail. The path gently ascends on what can be called a rugged pathway. Enjoy the beautiful terraced hills and views of hamlets far away. Once you cross the Tamakoshi the trail will continue to climb till Semi Gaun. Overnight in the lodge.
After breakfast get ready for your second day of trek. The first part of the trail enters through rhododendron and oak forests. Watch out for colorful birds singing soulful tunes. Arrive in Dongang, which is a small hamlet on a ridge above a river. Overnight Camping.
Today you will head towards Beding, perhaps the most scenic village in your entire trek. After walking for few hours along a narrow path, the vista widens before you. Ahead you will have to cross a small river before arriving at a series of villages, Jobalu, Nyiamare and Ramding. Another two hours trek uphill and you are Beding village. Ramding, and Chhimu Golche villages and you will reach Beding. Overnight in lodge.
You will spend a rest day in Beding in order to acclimatize with the climate. As part of the exercise, go sightseeing around the village. Beding offers a great view of Gauri Shankar Himal, Melugtse.
Today you will be trekking above 4000m altitude, so extra caution is required as you gain height. At this altitude, you relish the alpine climate with icy and chilly winds. There is not much vegetation except for ferns and meadows. You will have to continue to ascend to arrive at glacial lake, Tsho Rolpa. The lake offers unparalleled views of Everest, Gauri Shankar and Cho Oyu. Overnight camping.
From today your return journey begins. After enjoying the pristine Tsho Rolpa Lake, you will get down all the way to Dongang. Overnight camping.
The trek from Dongang to Gongar Khola is easy and straightforward. Overnight in the lodge.
After early morning breakfast, take a full day drive back to Kathmandu. In Kathmandu you will be transferred to a hotel for rest and refreshment.
Our staff will drive you to Tribhuvan International airport to catch your international flight back home. We hope to see you again in Nepal.