|No. of Persons||Price per Person|
Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Buddhist Pilgrimage tour to Namo Buddha is a short pilgrimage and spiritual tour of one of the most sacred Buddhist sites in the world. The ancient Buddhist site of Namo Buddha is located in Kavre district, just 3 hrs drive on the outskirts of Kathmandu Valley.
In his former reincarnation as a Prince, Buddha is believed to have sacrificed his life here to feed a starving tigress to save her and her cubs’ life. The remains of his body including bones were subsequently used to build the sacred stupa of Namo Buddha as a memorial.
Today Namo Buddha is visited by thousands of pilgrims and travelers as a way to pay ultimate respect to Buddha. Many learned lamas including Vasubandhu and Atisa have paid their homage here including followers of Kagyupa, Nyingma and Sakyapa traditions. For those seeking enlightenment, Namo Buddha is a perfect site to attain Samadhi.
The Namo Buddha hill is surrounded by terraced farms and the settlements of Tamang ethnic community, who are all followers of Buddhism. At 1800m altitude, Namo Buddha is also a vantage point to view Everest,
Langtang, Gaurishankar and Dorje Lakpa Himalayan ranges. Another point of interest for visitors is the recently built Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery which houses hundreds of Tibetan monks.
To reach Namo Buddha, you can either drive directly from Kathmandu or trek from Banepa passing through Panauti and Sankhu.
● Pay respect to Namo Buddha where Buddha sacrificed his life for a tigress.
● Namo Buddha is as sacred as Boudha Stupa, Swoyambhu Stupa and Lumbini
● Namo Buddha is a perfect site to attain Samadhi
● Observe the lifestyle of local ethnic Tamang community
● Enjoy magnificent views of Everest, Langtang, Gaurishankar and Dorje Lakpa
● All airport/hotel transfers.
● Two Nights Accommodation at 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● Three Nights Accommodation at 3 Star Hotel in Namo Buddha on twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● An experienced local licensed English-Speaking guide and supporting staff.
● All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
● Sightseeing entry fee where applicable.
● Farewell dinner
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal Visa Fee
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● Meals during the tour.
● Any kind of refreshment beverages and alcohol.
● Extra accomodation in Kathmandu in cases of early arrival and late departure than the scheduled itinerary.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, bottle water, etc.)
● Any extra costs resulting from cancellation, weather, political unrest or illness
● Tips for guide, drivers and supporting staff.
● Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase
● Day bag( Small handbag)
● Sports shoes or sandals.
● Sun Hat/cap
● Warm woolen cap ( During winter season)
● Jacket Gore tex/ fleece jacket (During winter Season)
● Pullover or warm sweeter (During winter Season)
● Eye glass
● Water bottle
● Flash or Torch light
● Camera and batteries.
As per your arrival time in Kathmandu, we will come to receive you at the airport. After clearing your luggage from the customs, you will be driven to a pre-booked hotel where you can refresh and rest. Visit our office in the afternoon/evening and attend a tour briefing program conducted by your tour guide. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Rise for a good breakfast before your guide will soon arrive and take you by private car 50 km to Namo Buddha. Located northeast of Kathmandu, we cross the Valley ridge to enter this center of deep spirituality. It is a pleasant trip as you leave the busyness of the Valley behind. Crossing to the top of the ridge at Dhulikhel, you behold the snow capped peaks of the Himalayas to the north. We continue on until we reach Namo Buddha. We first check into the hotel to get refreshed and then spend this day becoming oriented with the hilltop of the Thrangu Monastery. See the Tiger’s Cave where the future Lord Buddha made the ultimate sacrifice as well as other sightseeing around Namo Buddha. Return to your hotel and perform prayers before dinner.
Today you start your spiritual activities at Namo Buddha. Yesterday you were the visitor; today you are immersing yourself in the depths of spirituality. We begin early morning with sacred prayers and performing a pooja (worship). This is followed by breakfast. Do sightseeing around Namo Buddha during the day. In the evening, enjoy dinner and then spend time in prayer before going to bed.
An important part of your training is being outdoors to commune with nature. It is here in the peacefulness of the Himalayas that you can feel the spirituality of the region touch you. These mountains have shaped Tibetan Buddhism in such unique ways as monks and nuns have meditated bringing inner peace. These mountains promote such inner peace that transcends all understanding.
The morning begins with prayers and pooja, followed by breakfast. After breakfast, hike to Fulbari Resort (a one hour journey), enjoying the serenity of the alpine views that abound. There will be time to explore the resort before returning to Namo Buddha. Once your return, prepare for dinner. Following dinner is time for more prayer that brings you closer to the divine before going to bed.
Wake up early to enjoy majestic sunrise views. Namo Buddha is also a popular viewpoint for 180 degree views of Annapurna, Ganesh Himal, Gauri Shankar, Langtang among others. Return to Kathmandu in the afternoon. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
The day has finally arrived for your final departure. We will take you to the Tribhuvan International airport to catch your international flight back home.