Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Himlung, also called Nemjung, mountain is a 7000m expedition peak located above Nar Phu village in the Annapurna region. The peak is popular as a warm-up mountain to gain experience before climbing 8000m peaks.
Very few expeditions have climbed Mt. Himlung. The mountain was first submitted in 1983 by a joint expedition team of Nepal and Japan led by Junji Kurotaki. The stunning and breathtaking views from the top include
Manaslu and Annapurna ranges, the eighth and tenth highest mountain in the world along with Himjung, Nandi Devi and Api Himal in the west and Kappa Chuli.
Himlung is considered to be a moderately technical mountain. Climbers follow alpinist style of mountaineering which means you will require adequate mountaineering skills and experience. There are steep icy slopes, ridges and glaciers you will have to overcome. The path to the summit is either through the east ridge or west ridge. The base camp is set up at 4850m, Camp I at 5450,, Camp II at 5900m, and Camp III at 6300m.
A high level of fitness and stamina is essential on the part of climbers along with adequate planning for acclimatization. We will provide you with an experienced Sherpa climbing guide.
As part of the trekking you will visit Nar Phu village, explore ancient Bon monasteries and Tibetan Buddhism, observe Tibetan culture and lifestyle and cross passes and glaciers.
● Himlung is an expedition peak to gain authentic mountaineering experience
● Capture awesome views of Manaslu, Annapurna, Himjung, Nandi Devi, Api Himal
● Visit Nar Phu Village and learn about Bon and Tibetan Buddhism
● Observe Tibetan culture and lifestyle
● Trek through high passes and glaciers
● All airport/hotel transfers by private vehicle.
● Four nights accommodation at a 3-Star hotel in Kathmandu with BB plan on twin/double sharing basis.
● All accomodation in a tea house during the trekking trails.
● Full board meals during trek & climbing period – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
● An experienced licensed English-Speaking professional sherpa guide, porters and supporting staff.
● All essential ground transportation by private vehicle and tourist bus as per itinerary.
● Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government for the Himlung Expedition.
● All necessary permits (TIMS, Park fees, Restricted area permit, world heritage sites entry fee where applicable)
● Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar, etc for the Himlung Expedition.
● Liaison officer with all his expenses while on the Himlung Expedition.
● Insurance for all staff
● All camping gear including base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen and toilet tent, etc
● Mountain Hardware high altitude tents while climbing the Himlung Expedition.
● Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on the Himlung Expedition.
● EPI gas and burner for the high climb.
● Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) All necessary climbing hardware group equipment
● Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency.
● Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
● A comprehensive medical kit.
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal Visa Fee
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● Personal Climbing Gears.
● Meals in Kathmandu.
● Any kind of refreshment beverages and alcohol.
● Extra days accommodation in Kathmandu in cases of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountains (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
● Any extra costs resulting from cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest or illness
● Rescue and evacuation
● Tips for guide, drivers and supporting staff.
● Thermal Base Layers – Tops and Bottoms
● Heavy Base Layers
● Trekking Pants
● Hard-shell pants
● Down Pant
● T-shirts – Short and long sleeve
● Mid Layer Top
● Insulated Jacket
● Hard-shell Jacket
● Down Jacket/Parka
Double insulated mountaineering boots for climbing Hiking boots (Full and waterproof) for approach lightweight shoes for camp and around town
● Wool/Synthetic socks
● Liner socks
● Liner gloves
● Mid-weight gloves
● Down mittens
● Cap/Sun Hat
● Warm wool/Synthetic Hat
● Eye Wear (Full coverage around eyes and nose)
● Ski Goggles
5. Climbing Gears
● Ice Axe
● Belay Device/Figure of 8
● Prusik Cord
● Trekking Poles
● Small pack (35-40 litres)
● Waterproof duffel bag
● Padlocks for the duffel bag
● Pack cover
● Water Bottles
● Camera & Batteries
● Power bank/Solar Charger
● Universal adapter
8. Hygiene and first aid
● Skincare ( Moisturizer ,sunscreen and lip balm)
● Toilet paper and wet wipes
● Personal first aid kit
● Water treatment
All accommodations for the Himlung Expedition are on a twin-sharing basis. The lodges and tea houses have been selected by the Asia Buddhist Tours & Treks after personal inspection. We look at the conditions of the inns, local hygiene, quality of food, type of service and more.
We offer two types of accommodations on this expedition. In Kathmandu you will stay four nights at a 3-Star hotel ( could be changed as per your requirement) and, during the trekking trail you will stay in standard tea houses and camp. These places have pleasant, unheated rooms and wooden beds with foam mattresses.
All rooms are double occupancy, but you can request a single occupancy room for an additional fee, which will be available only during the trekking trail. However, sometimes single rooms are not available in some places, depending upon local conditions. We do work to provide the best possible options when trekking in the High Himalayas.
Food will vary between typical Nepali in the mountains. In Kathmandu there are far more choices, which include Indian, Continental, Italian, Tibetan and more. The city areas offer everything from good steaks and burgers to apple pie and pizza.
Nepali food is nutritious, and ranges from our traditional Daal/Bhat and Momo to fantastic breads, fruits and more. The cooking is wholesome and the food is tasty during the trek trail too.
For the Himlung Expedition there will be a license holder sherpa climbing guide and Porters for carrying luggage This arrangement ensures that if anyone in the group is sick the trip can still go on as planned. However, Asia Buddhist Tours & Treks can run this expedition for groups of any size. Usually, we have found that the maximum number of climbers in any group is 10 people.