Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
The Halesi Maratika Helicopter Tour is designed for five people to go by helicopter. It is about a 3 hours trip to and from as well as touring the caves. This is ideal because it is a fast way to visit this remote location.
To the east of Kathmandu is a beautiful place that is sacred to Buddhist and Hindu people. Here in eastern Nepal, we discover the place where the Dudh Khola meets the Sun Koshi River and is located in the three sacred caves representing the three eyes of the Hindu god Shiva. The Buddhists call these caves Maratika and believe that Padma Sam bhava (the founder of Tibetan Buddhism) and his wife Mandarava freed themselves from the circle of life and became immortal. This was the cave where they achieved full enlightenment.
The cave is also the place where Shiva encountered the demon Bhasmasura. He ran into this cave (which the Hindus call Haleshi) to take shelter from Bhasmasur. Shiva had given a boon to Bhasmasur that when this demon placed his hand on the head of someone or something, they would die. Vishnu then tricked Bhasmasur to put his own hand on his own head, which was the demon’s end.
Inside of the cave, you can see the place where Shiva escaped through the hole in the ceiling. You can also see Shiva’s footprint along with the intestines of Bhasmasur on the ceiling. There is also a natural linga formed by a stalagmite inside of the cave.
● Short and comfortable tour to the most sacred site of Halesi Maratika Cave
● Revered by Kiratis, Hindus and Buddhists
● This is where Guru Rimpoche attained immortality and Shiva used as a hiding place from demon Explore the stalagmite caves
● Visit the nearby Maratika monastery
● Airport Transfer as per itinerary(Pickup & Drop facility)
● Helicopter flight over Halesi Maratika as per itinerary
● Company Service charge and domestic airport departure taxes.
● Passenger insurance
● All necessary permits and entrance fee where applicable
● Nepal visa fee
● International airfare
● Meals and any kind of refreshment beverages & alcohol
● Personal Expenses
● Personal travel insurance
● Day bag.( Small handbag)
● Water bottle
● Camera essentials
Pickup from hotel or designated meeting point
Check-in to helicopter counter from domestic airport Pokhara
Takeoff, Kathmandu to Halesi
Landing at Halesi Maratika
Explore the sacred place of both Hindu and Buddhist
Takeoff, halesi to Kathmandu
Landing, Arrival in Kathmandu
Transfer to hotel or designated meeting point