|No. of Persons||Price per Person|
Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve safari is one of the great forest adventures in the Terai region of Eastern Nepal. Penetrate into the depth of this lush forest to witness many wild animals and birds including elephant, Arna, crocodile and Great hornbill.
Located in the flood plains of Sapta Koshi River, one of the tributaries of the Ganges, Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is spread in an area of 176 sq.km. The reserve is primarily covered with grasslands, marshes and riverine deciduous forest. Koshi Tappu was recognized as a Ramsar site in 1987.
The reserve hosts the only remaining and last surviving population of Arna or Wild Water Buffalo in the world. Asian elephant, river dolphin, spotted deer, Python, leopard cat, Blue Bull, and golden jackal are other frequent species found in the park. What is even more important is the fact that Koshi Tappu is a bird watchers’ paradise. As many as 485 bird species have been recorded here featuring 114 water birds, 30 shore birds, 20 duck species, 2 Ibis species, along with an impressive 87 winter migrating birds.
A variety of tourist activities have been promoted in the park as part of Sustainable tourism development. Bird watching, jungle walk, canoe ride, Arna conservation center, homestay and cultural program of local ethnic communities.
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is accessibly both land and air route. Daily bus service is available from
Kathmandu to Biratnagar along with daily flights to Biratnagar.
● Great forest adventure in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
● Koshi Tappu is a Ramsar site
● Last remaining population of Arna or Wild Water Buffalo
● Bird Watchers’ Paradise: 485 bird species recorded in the park
● Bird watching, canoe ride, jungle walk, Arna Conservation center and ethnic cultural activities
● All hotels pick up/drop by private vehicle.
● All accommodation and three time meals(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
● Welcome drink upon on arrival in Koshi Tappu
● An experienced local licensed English-Speaking nature guide and supporting staff.
● Round trip flight ticket from Kathmandu to Biratnagar.
● Jhangar cultural dance program.
● All ground transportation as per itinerary.
● All jungle activities as per itinerary.
● National park and conservation area entrance fees
● A comprehensive medical kit.
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal Visa Fee
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● Meals in Kathmandu
● Any kind of refreshment beverages and alcohol.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle water etc.)
● Any extra costs resulting from cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest or illness
● Tips for guide, drivers and porters.
● Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase
● Day bag.( Small handbag)
● Sports shoes or sandals.
● Sun Hat/cap
● Warm woolen cap (During winter)
● Jacket Gore tex/ fleece jacket (During winter)
● Pullover or warm sweeter (During winter)
● Eye glass
● Water bottle
● Flash or Torch light
● Camera and batteries
Wake up early and drive to Kathmandu domestic airport. Catch a 35 min flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar and from there drive straight to Koshi Tappu on a private jeep. The latter journey takes about 1.30hr. Check in the hotel and refresh yourself. In the afternoon our tour guide will give a short tour around the village along the buffer zone then you can enjoy a bonfire with Nepali dinner. Stay overnight in Koshi Tappu.
After breakfast the tour guide will take you for a walk inside the Koshi Tappu wildlife reserve where you will explore grassland, river lagoons, and woodlands on foot. you will have remarkable views of the surrounding environment; this is the best time for birdwatching. You may also encounter Arna, the wild water buffalo, the blue bull (Nilgai) and the hog deer. After the tour you will come back to the hotel for lunch at 12:00 noon. After lunch the tour guide will again take you inside the reserve area on foot. The excursion will take you across the forest towards Haripur village. you will return to the resort at around 5:00 P.M. Where you can have some light snacks and rest. In the evening you will enjoy a bonfire with dinner. During the dinner you can design your
next day itinerary in detail with the nature guide.
Early in the morning you will go for a bird watching tour inside the reserve. The exciting tour will be guided by an expert ornithologist. So carry your binoculars to help you spot some majestic birds. In the afternoon after lunch you can go jungle safari in a jeep to see wild animals such as Arna, rhinos, elephants etc. Stay overnight in Koshi Tappu.
Wake up early and enjoy your breakfast. After breakfast, drive to a nearby village for a village tour. Later go for a canoe ride on Sapta Koshi River-the largest river in Nepal- to see waterfowl, birds of prey, marsh crocodile, otters, wild water buffalo and, if lucky, you will see freshwater dolphins. Today you will enjoy a packed lunch inside the jungle. In the evening enjoy a Jhangar cultural dance program followed by dinner.
After breakfast you will go for a short walk along the elephant care center to observe the elephant feeding and socialization. Return back to the resort and drive to Biratnagar airport to catch a flight back to Kathmandu. Our staff will transfer you to your hotel.