|No. of Persons||Price per Person|
Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Day trip to Bhaktapur and Panauti is the shortest cultural tour in Nepal. Explore two ancient cities of Bhaktapur and Panauti in one single day and experience Nepali and Newari culture and history firsthand.
Bhaktapur and Panauti are two ancient cities that are quite similar culturally. Both the cities are inhabited by Newari ethnic community and represent Newari art and culture at its best. Bhaktapur is an ancient town located within Kathmandu Valley and was once a kingdom. The magnificent Bhaktapur Durbar Square, which is filled with palaces, temples, courtyards and statues, is a testimony to its rich past. In fact Bhaktapur Durbar Square is a world heritage site. Today the city is a magnet of attraction for tourists from all over the world. Juju dhau or local curd, pots made in pottery square, handicraft, local Newari delicacies and festivals are not to be missed in Bhaktapur.
Similarly Panauti is also a Newari town just 45 minutes ride from Bhaktapur. This Newari town rests on the junction of two sacred rivers Punyawati and Roshi. There is also a third tributary called Brahmayani. The pagoda-styled Indreshwar Mahadev Temple draws visitors round the year, especially during Makkar festival. Panauti museum and medieval Panauti Palace are also on your visit list.
This day trip to Bhaktapur and Panauti allows you to learn about the history of Newari people, their art and culture and interact with them. You will be provided with a local guide to make your trip more interesting.
● Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square- a world heritage site
● Explore medieval Newari town of Panauti
● Learn about Newari culture, art and architecture
● Relish the beauty of five turquoise colored Gokyo Lakes- designated Ramsar site
● Visit Namche, Dhole, Phakding and Macchermo villages to know about Sherpa culture, cuisine and hospitality
● Learn about Himalayan Buddhism
● All airport/hotel transfers.
● Two Nights Accommodation with breakfast at a deluxe hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis.
● An experienced local licensed English-Speaking guide and supporting staff.
● All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
● World heritage sites entry fee where applicable.
● Farewell dinner
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal Visa Fee
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● Meals in Kathmandu valley
● Any kind of refreshment beverages and alcohol.
● Extra accomodation in Kathmandu in cases of early arrival and late departure than the scheduled itinerary.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, bottle water etc.)
● Any extra costs resulting from cancellation, weather, political unrest or illness
● Tips for guide, drivers and supporting staff.
● Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase
● Day bag.( Small handbag)
● Sports shoes or sandals.
● Sun Hat/cap
● Warm woolen cap ( During winter season)
● Jacket Gore tex/ fleece jacket (During winter Season)
● Pullover or warm sweeter (During winter Season)
● Eye glass
● Water bottle
● Flash or Torch light
● Camera and batteries.
On your arrival in Kathmandu international airport, we will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to a pre-booked hotel. In the afternoon/evening, visit our office in Thamel. Your tour guide will conduct a brief orientation of your program. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
After breakfast, prepare for a 35 minutes drive to Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Bhaktapur Durbar Square is a world heritage site and hosts 17th century 55 window palace, Dattatreya Square, Pottery Square, Nyatapola temple and many other architectural sites. Taste local curd called Juju Dhau and Newari delicacies and observe local festivals and lifestyles.
After the tour of Bhaktapur Durbar Square, take 45 minutes drive to Panauti on the Araniko Highway. Panauti is an old medieval town that lies at the confluence of two sacred rivers. Visit pagoda-styled Indreshwar Mahadev Temple, Panauti Durbar Square and stone-carved statues. By late afternoon you will drive back to Kathmandu. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Today is your last day in Nepal. Depending on the timing of your international flight, we will drive you to the airport 3-4 hrs before your scheduled flight. Time to bid farewell.