|No. of Persons||Price per Person|
Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Pilgrimage tour to Halesi Maratika Cave is a journey to one of the most sacred places of Kiratis, Buddhists, Hindus in Nepal. The Halesi Maratika Cave is located in Khotang district, in the eastern part of Nepal at the confluence of Dudh Koshi and Sun Koshi river.
According to Kirati tradition, Halesi Cave was named after Holesung, a Kirat king who ruled during medieval times. For Tibetan Buddhists, it is the six most holy and most sacred places where Guru Rimpoche is said to have attained immortality as a blessing from Buddha Amitayus. Whereas Hindus regard it as a sacred site dedicated to Lord Shiva who once took refuge in the caves here to hide from a demon.
Visiting this religious site will eliminate one from death and achieve immortality according to
Buddhists while Hindus trust it will fulfill one’s wishes.
The site consists of two caves, a shiva lingam and statues of Buddha Sakyamuni, Buddha Amitayus and Guru Rimpoche. There is also a Maratika Monastery headed by Rinpoche and monks, stalagmite caves which are 67 feet deep.
It takes a 35-40 minute flight from Kathmandu to Lamidanda and a further 2 hrs drive to reach Halesi village. The Pilgrimage Tour to Halesi Maratika Cave is available round the year.
● Visit the most sacred site of Halesi Maratika Cave
● Revered by Kiratis, Hindus and Buddhists
● This is where Guru Rimpoche attained immortality and Shiva used as a hiding place from demon
● Explore the stalagmite caves
● Visit the nearby Maratika monastery
● All airport/hotel transfers.
● Two Nights Accommodation at 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● Two Nights Accommodation at a resort in Halesi on a twin/double sharing basis with BB plan.
● An experienced local licensed English-Speaking guide and supporting staff.
● All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
● All entry fees where applicable.
● Farewell dinner
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal Visa Fee
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● Meals during the tour.
● Any kind of refreshment beverages and alcohol.
● Extra accomodation in Kathmandu in cases of early arrival and late departure than the scheduled itinerary.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, bottle water, etc.)
● Any extra costs resulting from cancellation, weather, political unrest or illness
● Tips for guide, drivers and supporting staff.
● Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase
● Day bag.( Small handbag)
● Sports shoes or sandals.
● Sun Hat/cap
● Warm woolen cap ( During winter season)
● Jacket Gore tex/ fleece jacket (During winter Season)
● Pullover or warm sweeter (During winter Season)
● Eye glass
● Water bottle
● Flash or Torch light
● Camera and batteries.
As per your arrival time in Kathmandu, we will come to receive you at the airport. After clearing your luggage from the customs, you will be driven to a pre-booked hotel where you can refresh and rest. Visit our office in the afternoon/evening and attend a tour briefing program conducted by your tour guide. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
After breakfast, take a jeep drive to Halesi. It will take at least 7 hrs to cover the entire journey to Halesi. Our hotel is waiting for us as we check in. The late afternoon will feature an introduction to the area. Enjoy dinner, then evening prayers before going to bed.
Explore Halesi Maratika Cave in its full glory. Enter the cave where Kirati, Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims offer prayers to the deity. We will perform pooja at the site and light incense. The confluence of Sunkoshi and Dudh Koshi makes for a great view. Stay overnight in Halesi.
We drive back to Kathmandu by Private Jeep, but that is later in the day. We rise early, perform pooja and prayer which is followed by breakfast. Later we check into our hotel and then enjoy a farewell dinner. Before going to bed, perform evening prayers and pooja.
The day has finally arrived for your final departure. We will take you to the Tribhuvan International airport to catch your international flight back home.