|No. of Persons||Price per Person|
Currency Converter: EUR/USD
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Historical Nuwakot and Gorkha Durbar tour is the best window to the medieval history and culture of Nepal. This short, interesting tour takes on the exploration of two medieval towns, namely Nuwakot and Gorkha, which are easily accessible by road from Kathmandu.
Gorkha Durbar is the hometown of King Prithivi Naryan Shah, the unifier of modern Nepal and also the birthplace of Gorkha warriors. Visiting Gorkha Durbar will take you back to a time when Nepal was divided into many principalities. The 17th century Gorkha Durbar, Kalika Temple, Gorakhnath Temple, and Ram Shah’s Chautara all offer you a rich history of the families of Prithivi Narayan Shah. Gorkha hill also provides magnificent views of Annapurna, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal.
Located just about 2 hrs drive from Kathmandu is the Nuwakot town. Once an important trading route between Nepal and India, Nuwakot literally means eight forts. For visitors Nuwakot hosts Malla styled 18th century seven storey palace, Taleju temple and Bhairabi temple. Entering Taleju temple is even restricted for Hindus while Bhairabi temple is a focus of Sinduri Jatra festival every year when large animal sacrifices are made in the temple premises. Nuwakot also offers great views of Himalayan peaks such as Ganesh Himal, Annapurna and Langtang ranges. Another attraction of Nuwakot is the culture of the Newar ethnic group who are known for their entrepreneurial acumen and rich cultural heritage.
Historical Nuwakot and Gorkha Durbar tours are available throughout the year however spring and autumn are the best seasons to capture the vivacious festivals of local people as well as beautiful Himalayan views.
● Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square- a world heritage site
● Explore medieval Newari town of Panauti
● Learn about Newari culture, art and architecture
● Relish the beauty of five turquoise colored Gokyo Lakes- designated Ramsar site
● Visit Namche, Dhole, Phakding and Macchermo villages to know about Sherpa culture, cuisine and hospitality
● Learn about Himalayan Buddhism
● All airport/hotel transfers.
● Two Nights Accommodation with breakfast at a deluxe hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis.
● One Night Accommodation with breakfast in Gorkha and Nuwakot at a deluxe hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis.
● An experienced licensed English-Speaking guide and supporting staff.
● All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
● World heritage sites entry fee where applicable.
● Farewell dinner
● All government and local taxes
● Nepal Visa Fee
● International airfare to and from Kathmandu
● Meals in Kathmandu valley
● Any kind of refreshment beverages and alcohol.
● Extra accomodation in Kathmandu in cases of early arrival and late departure than the scheduled itinerary.
● Travel and rescue insurance.
● Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, bottle water etc.)
● Any extra costs resulting from cancellation, weather, political unrest or illness
● Tips for guide, drivers and supporting staff.
● Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase
● Day bag.( Small handbag)
● Sports shoes or sandals.
● Sun Hat/cap
● Warm woolen cap ( During winter season)
● Jacket Gore tex/ fleece jacket (During winter Season)
● Pullover or warm sweeter (During winter Season)
● Eye glass
● Water bottle
● Flash or Torch light
● Camera and batteries.
On your arrival in Kathmandu international airport, we will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to a pre-booked hotel. In the afternoon/evening, visit our office in Thamel. Your trek/tour guide will conduct a brief orientation of your program. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
After early morning breakfast, take a 4 hrs drive to Gorkha. Enjoy the ride along Prithivi Highway passing through rolling green hills, rivers and scenic villages. Once in Gorkha, you will participate in a guided tour of Gorkha palace, museum, Kalika and Gorakhnath temple. Stay overnight in Gorkha.
Wake up early today to capture breathtaking views of Himalayan peaks including Annapurna, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal ranges as well as majestic sunrise. After breakfast start your journey to Nuwakot which takes over 3 hrs. In Nuwakot, visit the forts, Taleju and Bhairabi temple. You can also see great views of Langtang and Ganesh Himal from here. Stay overnight in Nuwakot.
Today you will drive back to Kathmandu after breakfast. The journey along the highway will be romantic and interesting. You will be escorted to your hotel once in Kathmandu. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Today is your last day in Nepal. Depending on the timing of your international flight, we will drive you to the airport 3-4 hrs before your scheduled flight. Farewell.